Our mission for college-bound students is to identify colleges that suit each student’s personality, interests, and academic abilities and then help students navigate the very complex process of applying to American colleges.
Because the number of Chinese and International applicants to American colleges and universities is increasing dramatically, and the number of foreign students admitted remains a low percentage of a college’s overall enrollment, meticulous attention to detail is critical for foreign students applying to U.S. colleges. We will be with students every step of the way to guide them through the process and maximize each student’s opportunities.
Our full-service menu includes all of the necessary elements for student success:
- We will meet with each student via Skype and email to develop an individualized plan of action for college preparation. Colleges are interested in well-rounded applicants, so we’ll address the Whole Student. We will examine academic achievements, extra-curricular involvement, leadership roles, employment, and community service to utilize areas of strength and develop areas of weakness.
- Students will need to prepare for standardized tests, including the SAT and TOEFL. We will make sure students are receiving tutoring, are properly registered for these tests, and will complete them according to an established timeline.
- Once we know each student, we will carefully compile a list of appropriate colleges to fit each student’s needs, abilities, and desires. Establishing a list of reach schools and safety schools will give students a clear idea of their options along with the expectations for each school.
- The application process can be very stressful and overwhelming. We will work with each student to simplify this process and make certain that applications are filled out correctly and completely. We will provide instruction and oversight throughout the entire application process to ensure that our students are presenting themselves in the most comprehensive, positive light, and fulfilling all requirements of the application. This will include building a resume to highlight each student’s activities and accomplishments and securing recommendations from influential teachers and adults.
- College essays are a vital piece of the application process. Each student will work with us to brainstorm essay topics to choose the most advantageous subjects and answer the college application prompt. Through the feedback we’ll provide on each essay’s content and grammar, students will be confident that their finished products will exemplify their individuality and merit.
- The interview is an important component of the application process. We will prepare students for these interviews through one-on-one practice sessions. Learning about a college to be able to ask and answer questions, deciding on pertinent personal information to share, and interview-etiquette are all important components of a successful college interview; we will be sure students are prepared on all of these fronts.
- Once students have been accepted into colleges, we will assist them in making the best possible choice based on academic programs, school size, and geography, etc.
- If students are interested in experiencing American life and culture before going to college, they can take advantage of a wide variety of educational and social opportunities during the summer in the U.S. We will help students identify and apply for summer courses and camps held on college and private-school campuses.